赶紧收藏吧!: bookmarkBookmark and Share




英语实践与提高

英语实践与提高
UNIT 1 TOPIC 2
Section A
1. ---Could you please do me a favor? 你能帮我一个忙吗?
---Sure. What is it?
* Could you please give me a hand? == Could you help me?
2. ---But one of my teammates fell ill. Will you join us? ---I’d be glad to.
* one of +名词的复数形式 “….之一”
Eg: Yao Ming is one of the tallest players in NBA.
* fall ill === be ill 生病,患病
* I’d be glad to. 我很乐意。
3. ---Would you mind teaching me?
---Not at all.
* Would you mind + doing…? 你介意 …..吗?
Would you mind not doing sth? 你介意不做….吗?请你不要….好吗?
Eg: Would you mind giving me 100 yuan?
4. 表示征询意见或求助:
Will you……? Could you please ……? Would you mind…..?
5.--- Would you mind passing me some water?
---Of course not. I’ll do it right away.
* right away == right now == at once == in a minute 立刻,马上
6. Would you mind my trying it again? my== me
7. Would you mind not putting your bike here?
Sorry. I’ll put it somewhere else.
* somewhere else 不定代词+形容词
Eg: There is ____________ in the book.
A. something interesting B. interesting something C. interesting anything
8. throw…about …到处乱扔
Eg: You should not throw money about.
* throw …into… 把…扔进…
Eg: They threw Tianpengyuanshuai into the pigpen(猪圈)。
9. Don’t be late next time. ---Sorry, I won’t.
10. make one’s bed 整理床铺
11.You need to take bus No. 2. It is far from here. Need to do sth
12. That’s very kind of you, but I can manage it myself.
太感谢你了,我会自己处理的。
Section B
1. What do you mean by saying that? 你这么说是什么意思?
2. You shouldn’t shout at me. I didn’t want to miss the goal, either.
*shout at 对….大声叫喊
* also, too, either 的区别
Also 用在句中,放在be动词之后,实意动词之前;too用于肯定句,放在句尾,且有逗号隔开;either 用于否定句,放在句尾,且有逗号隔开。
Eg: I am also from China. I also come from China.
He is from China, too.
He is not from China, either.
3. Don’t be angry with Michael.
* be angry with sb 对某人生气
4. Would you mind saying sorry to Michael?
*say sorry/goodbye/thanks/hello to sb 跟某人道歉/告别/道谢/问候/
5. I am very sorry for what I said. 我为我所说的话感到抱歉。
6. It is nothing. 没关系。
7.Keep trying! 继续努力!
*keep doing sth 坚持、继续做某事;keep sb doing sth 让某人一直做某事
Eg: Why do you keep laughing all the time?
Don’t keep me waiting too long.
8. We are sure to win next time.
* be sure to do sth 确信要做某事 It is sure to rain.
* be sure (that) +从句 “确信….?”
Eg: I am sure that we can win the basketball game.
9. turn on 打开;turn off 关掉; turn up 调高,开大;turn down 调低,关小
Eg: You should remember to turn off the lights when you leave the classroom.
I can’t hear clearly on the phone, please turn down the music.
10. Never mind. / It doesn’t matter. / That’s OK. 没关系。
11. That book isn’t important to me. Be important to sb 对某人来说重要
12. With the help of Maria and Jane, Kangkang said sorry to Michael.
* With the help of sb == with one’s help 在某人的帮助下
Section C
1. I enjoy playing basketball in different countries.
* enjoy doing sth 喜欢做某事
* different + 可数名词的复数形式
Eg: They are twins, but they are in different ___________. ( class )
2. exciting/ excited tiring/tired 的用法
3. at that time 在那是
4. He invented an indoor game for his students so that they could play even in bad weather.
* so that “以便”是引导目的状语从句;“以致”是引导结果状语从句。
Eg: He gets up early so that he can catch the bus. 他早起以便能搭上汽车。
She eats too much fat so that she is too fat.
* so…that… “如此……以致…..”
Eg: He ran so quickly that he won the race.
5. Do you know how to score in the game?
* 疑问词+动词不定式
How to do sth, what to do, where to do, when to do, which to do 等等
Eg: Please tell me when to go?
6. Well, just put the ball into the other side’s basket.
* the other 是指两者中的另外一个,经常与one连用,“one…the other…”.
Eg: He has two sons. One is a doctor, the other is a driver.
* another 是指在原有的基础上再加一(些),表示“再一(些)”或“另外一个(些)”的意思。
This coat is small for me, do you have another one?
7. Now basketball is becoming more and more popular all over the world.
* more and more “越来越……..” all over the world 遍及全世界
Section D
1. I am a 15-year-old boy and I am quite healthy.
* 15-year-old 十五岁的,是复合形容词放在名词前做定语。
结构:数词—量词(单数)--形容词
There is an 800-meter-long bridge in our village.
2. One morning I saw some young men running in the park.
*see sb doing sth 看到某人正在做某事
3. They looked really fit and active.
4. I drink milk and eat fresh fruit and vegetables instead of chips and chocolate.
* instead “代替,顶替”,通常用在句尾。
Eg. Last year I went to Qingdao to spend holidays, but this year I will go to Hainan instead.
* instead of 代替…., 常放在句首或居中,后可以加名词、代词、动词ing等。它具有否定的意义,即肯定前面的内容,否定后面的内容。
Eg: Let’s stay at home watching TV instead of playing basketball outside.
让我们呆在家里看电视而别出去打篮球了。
5. I have great fun running.
* have great fun doing sth 非常快乐地做某事
Eg: The children have great fun learning English.
6. I am sure I will do well in the boys’ 800-metre race in our school sports meet.
* do well in == be good at 擅长于….
* the boys’ 800-metre race 男子800米赛跑

练习:试试看,你能选出最佳答案吗?
( ) 1. I have two friends. One is from China, is from Canada.
A. other B. another C. the other
( ) 2. . –Do you mind my smoking here? -
A. Yes, you can B. Yes, I do C. No. you’d better not
( ) 3. ---Would you mind ______ the window? ---Certainly not, please do.
A. close B. to close C. closing
( ) 4. I guess borrow the book.
A. somebody other B. other somebody C. somebody else
( ) 5. He is very . He does everything very well.
A. carefully B. careful C. careless
( ) 6. Let’s practice basketball on the playground.
A. play B. to play C. playing
( ) 7. She is girl, but she can speak English pretty well.
A. a 15-year-old B. a 15 years old C. a 15-years-old
( ) 8. Your father is sleeping. Please the radio a little.
A. turn on B. turn up C. turn off D. turn down
( ) 9. They have fun in the lake here.
A. swim B. swims C. swimming
( ) 10. At last we decided to go hiking instead of
A. go shopping B. going shop C. going shopping
( ) 11. ---Would you mind carrying the big box for me?
---_____. I’ll do it right now.
A. What a shame. B. Sure C. Of course not.
( ) 12. The boy was badly ill, ____, he went to school at last.
A. however B. and C. but
( ) 13. Li Ping didn’t go shopping, he went skating _________.
A. instead of B. either C. instead
( ) 14. ______ the help of man-made satellites, we can understand the world better.
A. With B. Under C. By
( ) 15. I don’t like football. My brother doesn’t like it, _________.
A. too B. also C. either
( ) 16. When the children saw the ______film, they became ________.
A. exciting, excited B. excited, excited C. excited, exciting
( ) 17. ---I want to buy ______. Would you like to go with me? ---Sure.
A. something else B. else something C. anything else
( ) 18. Liu Xiang is one of the most famous _______ in China.
A. runner B. runners C. player
( ) 19. He always watches TV for a long time after school. His mother is ______.
A. so happy B. angry with him C. kind to him
( ) 20. Don’t keep the children _____ TV all the time. It is bad for their health.
A. watching B. watch C. to watch
( ) 21. You lied (撒谎) to your mother yesterday. You must say ______ to her.
A. thanks B. good bye C. sorry
( ) 22. Jane has two friends. One is from Russia, _______ is from France.
A. the other B. another C. other
( ) 23. ---Mr. Lee, I am sorry _______ what I said. ---It is nothing.
A. to B. at C. for
( ) 24. I don’t where _________ during the National Day?
A. go B. to go C. going
( ) 25. ---Don’t throw your books about. ---Sorry, I ________.
A. don’t B. am not C. won’t
II.阅读理解:
One day I went shopping with my son. We went to the supermarket in the new shopping center.
"Why do you buy things here?" my son asked me." Because they are cheaper(更便宜) than the shop near our home." I answered, "Help me save money(省钱), please."
I wasn't rich and was always careful with my money. I bought lots of the things in the supermarket. When we got home, my son said, "I don't think you saved money by going to the supermarket." "Of course I did." I answered, "Everything was cheaper there."
"We know," my son said, "but we came home by taxi because we had many things. The taxi cost more than the money that you saved! "
"Oh," I said, "next time we'll do the shopping nearby."
( ) 1. The things near my home were _______ than those in the supermarket.
A. more expensive B. nicer C. cheaper
( ) 2. I ________ in the end.
A. spent more money B. paid less money C. saved a little money
( ) 3. From the passage(短文), we know her son was ________.
A. happy B. clever(聪明) C. tired
( ) 4. I will ________ .
A. never call a taxi B. go on buying things in the supermarket
C. buy some things near my home
( ) 5. The best title(标题) for this passage is ________ .
A. Supermarket and taxi B. Shop near my home
C. Shopping and saving money
B
Skin diving(潜泳) is a new sport today. This sport takes you into a wonderful new world. It is like a visit to the moon! When you are under water, it is easy for you to climb big rocks because you are no longer heavy.
Here, under water, everything is blue and green. During the day, there is enough light. When fish swim nearby, you can catch them with your hands.
When you have tanks(罐子) of air on your back you can stay in deep water for a long time. But you must be careful.
To catch the fish is one of the most interesting parts of this sport. On the other hand, you can clean the ships without taking them out of water. You can get many things from the deep sea.
Now you can see that skin diving is both useful and interesting.
( ) 6. Skin diving can take you to ______.
A. the moon B. mountains C. the deep sea
( ) 7. You can climb big rocks under water because ______.
A. you are strong B. the fish can help you
C. you are not as heavy as on the land
( ) 8. A skin diver ______ under water in the day.
A. can see everything clearly B. can’t see anything clearly C. can see nothing ( ) 9. With a tank of air on your back, you can______ .
A. catch fish very easily B. stay under water for a long time
C. be in safe place
( ) 10. Which of these sentences is NOT true?
A. Skin diving is a new sport. B. Skin diving is like visiting the moon.
C. The only use of skin diving is to have more fun.
III、完形填空:
Once, a policeman was taking a thief(小偷) to a city from a small town. On the way, they saw a ___1___. The thief said to the policeman, “Let me go into the shop to___2___ something so that we can eat on the train.” The policeman agreed and waited ___3___ the shop. The thief went into the shop and ___4____ through the back door(从后门). Then all the policemen had to look ___5___ the thief again. They caught __6___ soon. They asked ___7___ policeman to take the thief to the city again. On the way, they passed a food shop. The thief was very ___8___ and he wanted to buy some water. But the policeman said, “You’re going to run away again. Right? Are you taking me as a fool? I’m not so ___9___! This time I’ll go and get some water for you. You ___10___ wait right here. OK?”
What do you think about the policeman? Is he clever(聪明)?
( ) 1. A. hotel B. church C. shop
( ) 2. A. sell B. buy C. take
( ) 3. A. in front of B. between C. behind
( ) 4. A. ran away B. went on C. got back
( ) 5. A. at B. after C. for
( ) 6. A. he B. him C. his
( ) 7. A. the same B. another C. the other
( ) 8. A. full B. thirsty C. hungry
( ) 9. A. tired B. busy C. silly
( )10.A. must B. can C. need
IV、遣词造句:
1. be going to 2. make, strong 3. turn down
_______________________ ____________________ ________________
_______________________ ____________________ ________________


4. would you mind not ….. 5. There be, next weekend
______________________________ ______________________________
______________________________ ______________________________

胜利中学英语组
2008-9-21

0 评论:

发表评论

相关文章